Coquitlam Centre serves as the southern gateway to Downtown Coquitlam. The Centre is surrounded by many community services and amenities including Douglas College, the Aquatic Centre, Evergreen Cultural Centre, Coquitlam Public Library and City Hall, all within a three block radius.
Coquitlam Centre Welcomes ~ Striders Walking Club!
It’s official: by simply walking on a regular basis, you can dramatically improve your health. All it takes is a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate daily exercise to make a difference in your overall health.
Striders Walking Club is a fun and simple way to participate in regular physical activity with other walking enthusiasts.
Your $15 Annual Membership gives you access to warm-up and cool-down training a personal trainer, walking club seminars, quarterly newsletters, monthly prizes and much more!
Coquitlam Centre is a fun, safe place to walk and is open 7 days a week. Please see Guest Services for more information.
Striders Program meets at 8:45am, Tuesdays and Thursdays, on Level 2 in front of H&M.
Shop n' Stroll is at Coquitlam Centre!
Have you ever come to Coquitlam Centre in the early morning and walked around with your stroller wishing there was a group you could join to get some exercise and meet other moms while doing so?
Then the Shop 'n' Stroll is for you!
Join us on Monday mornings from 9:30am to 10:15am in front of H&M on Level 2 (please note, this program is not in session during the months of November and December or on statutory holidays). The program is managed by Runners & Booties Fitness. Their certified instructors will lead a Shop 'n' Stroll class consisting of power walking combined with body sculpting exercises using exercise tubing, the strollers and the Coquitlam Centre environment.
The best part about this program is it's FREE!
For more information on how to register, please call Guest Services at 604.464.1414. If you just want to 'drop in' one morning to check things out, you can meet Lara and the other moms and babies at the North Plaza in front of H&M.
With the arrival of new Evergreen Extension rapid transit system, Coquitlam Centre was concerned about the potential impact on vulnerable youth in our community. After a sucessful pilot, ACCESS Youth Outreach Services and Coquitlam Centre have partnered in providing a shopping centre based program. This program is a great model for other large shopping centres as well as communities in the effort to create safer spaces, and safer communities.
On Thursdays and Fridays from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm, two Youth Outreach Workers work closely with the centre’s Security Team, and in a proactive manner interact with young people, some of which are dealing with a range of issues ranging from how to find a job to mental health problems, substance abuse, anxiety, and homelessness. Identified by their branded ‘purple hoodies’ Youth Outreach Workers are easily identified by youth as part of the ACCESS Team. Outreach Workers are able to assist youth in areas such as: improving their relationships, addressing personal problems, school concerns, substance use/misuse issues, friend/peer pressure, learning new life skills, job placement and mentoring.
With the goal of continuing to provide a safe and friendly environment for youth and families, this initiative will enhance the objective by providing additional support and resources for youth and families in our community.
Mall Outreach#: 604.715.9944 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Throughout the year Coquitlam Centre seeks to show its support of the community through the Partnership Program.
We proudly contribute to a number of associations, events, and scholarships, and our not-for-profit Community Kiosk gives organizations the opportunity to reach up to 200,000 weekly customers.
The not-for-profit Community Kiosk is reserved for not-for-profit groups who wish to promote their organization and raise awareness. Promotions must be free of political, racial, religious or socially offensive content. Our Community Kiosk is located on Level 1 by London Drugs (beneath the escalator).
Organizations requesting display space must have the appropriate minimum $5,000,000 liability insurance, as well as pay a $11.20 (inclusive of tax) administration fee, which is reinvested into the fundraising portion of the Program.
To be considered:
- Print out the Community Kiosk Application from this website or call Guest Services at 604.464.1414 to request an application
- Ensure that you have a certificate of Not-for-Profit, as well as the appropriate liability insurance (see application for more details).
- Drop off the completed form at Guest Services (Attn: Marketing) or fax to 604.464.7216.
- A representative from Coquitlam Centre will review your booking request and contact you regarding available booking times.
- Requests are considered on a first come, first serve basis; however, precedence is given to organizations that are located in the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge and New Westminster.
- Please note, there are no bookings during the months of November and December. Petitions and customer solicitation are not permitted.
Applications are also available at Guest Services, located on Level 1, near Hudson's Bay. Please call 604.464.1414 to request to have an application faxed, emailed or mailed to you.
Throughout the year Coquitlam Centre shows its community support through our Partnership Program. We proudly contribute to a number of associations, events and scholarships plus our not-for-profit Community Kiosk gives organizations the opportunity to reach up to 200,000 customers weekly.
Each year, we receive numerous requests for sponsorship, raffle, auction, advertising or display space. Through the Community Partnership Program, we are able to effectively and fairly manage these requests, awarding substantial amounts of money towards many worthwhile causes.
Due to the rising number of requests, Coquitlam Centre is implementing a standardized process asking for detailed information to help us make the best possible decision pertaining to your request.
Each properly completed request is evaluated against Coquitlam Centre’s criteria, total funds available and its overall compatibility to our objectives.
Thank you for considering Coquitlam Centre as a potential supporter.
Preference is given to organizations that:
- Make a significant contribution to the well-being and vitality of the community
- Serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows and New Westminster
- Are registered charitable organizations demonstrating community support and involvement
- Organizations that directly support schools and education
- Are compatible with Coquitlam Centre’s objectives and strategic direction
- Have measurable impacts and achievements
- Provide opportunities for Coquitlam Centre’s Street Team to actively take part in event
The following are not eligible for support:
- Advertising opportunities in brochures
- Programs and magazines
- Fraternal organizations
- Commercial solicitors or third parties (professional fundraisers) raising funds for a charity (as opposed to co-funders)
- Capital campaigns and acquisition funding
- Telephone requests
- For the purpose of any Religious or Political promoting
- Organizations, projects and other activities outside or originating outside of British Columbia
- Reducing debts or past operating ventures
- Travel for individuals or groups
Request for door prizes and auction items:
Every month Coquitlam Centre distributes merchandise and gift certificates to not-for-profit organizations, associations and schools requesting donations, raffle prizes or auction items. The requests are considered and awarded monthly. To be considered, please send a letter, on corporate letterhead describing your organization and event to Coquitlam Centre’s Community Partnership Program. All requests must be received by the 15th of the month to be considered for that months budget. Organizations receiving support will be notified and asked to pick-up the donation from Coquitlam Centre.
Coquitlam Centre appreciates post-event assessment from organizations who received donations.
Please submit your request at least 90 days in advance of your event.
Mail or Fax:
Attention: Coquitlam Centre Marketing
Community Partnership Program
Coquitlam Centre Administration Office
Suite 2201, 2929 Barnet Highway
Coquitlam, BC V3B 5R5
Located on the Level 2, down the corridor by La Senza