March 13, 2015
Upcoming Roadworks on Lincoln Avenue
As part of Evergreen Line construction, permanent road improvements including drainage installation, paving, traffic line painting, electrical and signal work are required on Lincoln Avenue on the west side of Pinetree Way.
Work will begin the week of March 16 and continue until approximately mid-April. Paving requires warm, dry weather conditions, so this work is weather dependent and the schedule is subject to change.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Crews will be working Monday to Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with intermittent nighttime work as required for approximately one month. The majority of work will take place during the day, however, when full closure of Lincoln Avenue is required, work will take place at night.
- Lincoln Avenue closures will be implemented as follows:
- Intermittent daytime lane closures of Lincoln Avenue eastbound (to Pinetree Way). Access to the mall from Pinetree Way via Lincoln Avenue will be maintained during mall business hours.
- Full nighttime closures of Lincoln Avenue outside of mall hours. When the full closure is in effect, drivers wishing to access the mall will be detoured to Northern Avenue and/or Anson Avenue.
- Intermittent lane closures of Pinetree Way southbound between Northern Avenue and Anson Avenue.
- For approximately three days during this work, a full closure of Lincoln Avenue west of Pinetree Way will be in effect to allow crews to complete paving operations.
- Temporary sidewalk closures will be implemented at the southwest corner of Lincoln Avenue and Pinetree Way. For the safety of all pedestrians, please follow posted signs and the instructions of traffic control personnel. The temporary detour route will be clearly marked.
- All traffic pattern changes will be well-signed and traffic control personnel will be on-site to assist drivers and pedestrians. Please follow the directions of traffic control personnel and posted signs while construction is underway.
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise related to construction activities, including the use of heavy machinery. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disruptions when possible.
- To ensure the safety of transit users, southbound bus stops on Pinetree Way between Anson Avenue and Lincoln Avenue will be temporarily shifted away from active construction. Please watch for transit signs that will indicate the temporary location of bus stops.
To contact EGRT Construction, the contractor who is building the Evergreen Line, please call 604-927-2080, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have comments or questions about the Evergreen Line Rapid Transit Project, please call the Evergreen Project Office at 604-927-4452 or email email@example.com.