Elevated Guideway Construction on Pinetree Way
Between Northern Avenue and Glen Drive
As part of ongoing elevated guideway construction for the Evergreen Line, there will be some intermittent lane closures on Pinetree Way between Northern Avenue and Glen Drive starting the week of December 15 and continuing for approximately two weeks. Crews will be removing the steel brackets on the elevated guideway crossover on Pinetree Way.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• There will be daytime lane closures on Pinetree Way southbound between Glen Drive and Northern Avenue from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. the week of December 15.
• Daytime lane closures will be implemented as part of an effort to reduce nighttime noise for nearby residents.
• When lane closures are in effect, please watch for construction signs, drive with caution and follow traffic control personnel.
• Nearby residents can expect noise related to construction activities, including the use of heavy machinery. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disruptions. Crews will minimize the use of back-up beepers; however, they are required for safety.
• For the safety of all pedestrians, please follow traffic control personnel and posted signs while construction is underway.
• Obelisk Way will be temporarily closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following dates: December 22 to 23, and December 29 to 31
• Drivers wishing to use Obelisk Way will be detoured at Heffley Crescent to Westwood Street.
• Detour signs will be in place and traffic control personnel will be on hand to assist drivers.
Nighttime Utility Relocation Work
On Pinetree Way near Lincoln Avenue
As part of construction of the Evergreen Line, there will be nighttime utility relocation work within the Coquitlam Centre parking lot and on Pinetree Way between Lincoln Avenue and Barnet Highway starting December 15 and continuing for approximately one week.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• This work will take place at night from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Nighttime work is required due to high volumes of daytime traffic on Pinetree Way.
• While this work is underway, there will be southbound lane closures on Pinetree Way just south of Lincoln Avenue.
• When lane closures are in effect, please watch for construction signs, proceed with caution and follow traffic control personnel who will assist with directing traffic.
• Nighttime noise related to saw-cutting, excavation, and the use of heavy machinery should be expected as part of this work. Every effort will be made to complete activities considered noisier earlier in the evening to minimize disruptions.
• For the safety of all pedestrians, please follow posted detour signs and instructions of traffic control personnel.
To contact EGRT Construction, the contractor who is building the Evergreen Line, please call 604-927-2080, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have comments or questions about the Evergreen Line, please call the Evergreen Line Project Office at 604-927-4452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.