“Summertime and the living is easy! Ain’t that the truth?! Dressing for warmer weather should be a breeze, not a challenge. Jump right into June with both feet – here’s what I’m loving at Coquitlam Centre this month.”
– By Catherine Dunwoody
Check out the summer style file on Virgin Radio: http://vancouver.virginradio.ca/CoquitlamCentre.aspx
1) I hear prints are hot – but which ones?
“ Prints are HUGE this summer. Watercolour florals, polka dots, and more – but especially exotic tribal prints. Slip into this flowy maxi dress from Reitmans, a steal at $46, and get your urban boho on.”
2) Can’t wait to free my feet and start wearing sandals – what’s new?
“Cork wedges! Height? Check. Style? Check. Comfort? Double check! Adore these multi-striped cuties, from Call It Spring, $40.”
3) How do I get my dad to wear my more colour? Fathers Day is coming.
“Perfect time to introduce Dad to what a ‘pop of colour’ really means. Any of these polo shirts by Britches, $29.99 - $34.99, would make any men in your life happy. From Tip Top Tailor.”
4) I’d love to get a new handbag this season – any suggestions?
“ Go for an eye-popping bright bag this summer, like these stylish satchels by Heys, $45 each and available at Sears.”
5) I want to be a glam-gal poolside this summer. What should I look for in swimwear?
“Think movie-star chic, and choose a sexy one-piece like this little red number from Change, $88. The halter style and filigree front closure all add up to va-va-voom glam.”