Google+

Eagle Ridge Hospital's NEW Emergency Children's and Family Room!

In the morning of July 21st the Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation unveiled their NEW Children’s Emergency Treatment and Private Family Waiting Room at Eagle Ridge Hospital.

As the proud donar Coquitlam Centre’s Regional General Manager Franca Aere and Marketing Director Deborah Stetz were on hand to cut the ribbon and tour the new areas. 

 

 

Also donated were much needed supply items for the two areas from Coquitlam Centre retailers such as: Watch It!, Sears, London Drugs, Future Shop, Target, Flight Centre, and T&T Supermarket. Diapers, formula, toys, books, TV, DVD players, videos and so much more were donated. Coquitlam Centre would like to thank all of the retailers who provided support for this worthy cause. Families in the Tri-Cities will benefit from their generosity. 

 

CoCo the Bear, Coquitlam Centre's official mascot, was also there to help showcase the new Children’s Emergency Treatment Room and to put smiles on the faces of patients - young and old alike.  

 

 

Currently there are 50,000 visits a year to the Emergency Room at the Eagle Ridge Hospital with 10,000 of those visits being made by children.  

With Federal funding covering only 30% of the equipment purchases made for the hospital the Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation has to find ways to purchase the remaining 70% of equipment needed.  The donations of individuals and organizations such as Coquitlam Centre contribute to making these advancemetns possible. The goal of the hospital is to add another 42 treatment beds and double its square footage to meet the demand of the population growth within the Tri-Cities. 

This is an opportunity for all those living and working in the Tri-Cities and surrounding communities to invest in the further development of their hospital.  If you would like to  find out how you can contribute to the Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation visit their website at: http://erhf.ca/