Santa Claus is now at Coquitlam Centre!
Santaland will be open daily from Wednesday, November 22 until Sunday, December 24, 2017.
Beginning Wednesday, November 22:
Monday to Saturday
10:00am – 8:00pm
10:00am - 5:00pm
Except for Sunday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
10:00am - 3:00pm
*Note: Santa must take a half hour break to feed his reindeer every day at approximately 12:30pm, 3:00pm and 6:00pm
Santa photos are available for pick up immediately following your visit.
SANTALAND PHOTO PRICES*
TIPS FOR A GREAT SANTA VISIT
1. Plan to visit Santa early in the day, before the line ups start.
2. Visit on weekdays, they are not as busy as weekends.
3. Santa takes a break every day from 12:30pm - 1:00pm, 3:00pm - 3:30pm and 6:00pm - 6:30pm (approximate times) to feed his reindeer.
4. Santa gets really busy the week before he makes his deliveries, so try to visit before December 16th.
5. Try to bring both parents (guardians or friends...) so that one person can handle bathroom breaks or keep those with short attention spans occupied while the other one waits in line.
6. Bring snacks.
7. If you'd like a group shot (8-20 people) with Santa, please call Guest Services at 604.464.1414 ahead of time to book an appointment.
8. All of Santa's helpers are doing their very best to ensure that everyone has an exceptional visit with Santa, please be patient.
9. Germ Fighter Precautions in place, if anyone in your party is sick, please come visit Santa another time.
COQUITLAM CENTRE'S GERM FIGHTER PRECAUTIONS
Coquitlam Centre is committed to providing a safe and comfortable shopping environment and experience for our customers and our staff, so we will be implementing the following procedures at Santaland this season:
- Cleaning and disinfecting the fencing, Cash Desk, Santa Chair three times daily on shorter shopping days (10:00am – 6:00pm), four times daily on longer shopping days (10:00am – 9:00pm)
Adding Purell sanitary hand-washing stations at the line entrances and exits at Santaland, in addition to the Germ fighting stations that are already located throughout the shopping centre
- Santa will be changing his gloves every two hours
- For sanitary reasons, Santa’s have real beards (not synthetic beards that are difficult to wash/clean)
- Santa’s Helpers will be handing out sanitary mini wipes in Santa line ups
- Posting signage and asking parents "To be considerate of other little ones and delay visiting Santa if your child has any flu symptoms"
- When it appears a child in line may be ill Santaland staff will offer to have the child come back when they are feeling better
- All Santa’s Helpers and the production team will be washing their hands regularly and have hand sanitizer available to them at their workstations
- Coquitlam Centre has hired additional Santa staff in order to have back-up staff, in anticipation of a busy flu season, and all staff that are sick will be sent home or asked not to come to work
- Similar Germ Fighting precautions are also being enforced at the Kids Play Park, Kids Interactive Lounge, Stroller Corral, Parent’s Room and at Guest Services